CBD buyers guide – How to shop smart and choose the right product?
Health and wellness benefits of cannabidiol have made it incredibly popular in recent years. A common way to take CBD is through oil or drops. You may not know where to start when choosing CBD oil.
Drops of CBD oil are taken orally under the tongue. CBD quickly enters the bloodstream with this sublingual method. Adding CBD to food and drinks is also possible. Under the tongue, place CBD oil or drops and hold for 30-90 seconds before swallowing. It allows the CBD to absorb faster, resulting in quicker effects. As needed, take CBD oils or drops 1-2 times a day. Dosage instructions are on the product label.
Types of cbd oils
- Full Spectrum – Contains all cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids found in the hemp plant, including a legal limit of 0.3% THC. All compounds work together to give you the entourage effect.
- Broad Spectrum – Contains various cannabinoids and plant compounds from hemp, but goes through additional processing to remove THC. Broad spectrum still produces some entourage benefits without THC.
- CBD Isolate – Purely isolated CBD extract with no other plant compounds. It allows you to benefit solely from the effects of CBD.
Consider which type of oil best suits your needs and preferences. Full spectrum oils provide maximum benefits but not be ideal if you want to avoid THC entirely. Broad spectrum offers a middle ground, while isolate is THC-free.
Choosing oils and drops
With many CBD oil and drop options out there, keep these factors in mind when comparing products:
- Source – Look for CBD extracted from organically grown domestic hemp. Hemp absorbs toxins from soil, so organic sourcing ensures purity. Domestically grown hemp is regulated under U.S. farming standards.
- Potency – Potency refers to the CBD concentration in the product. Potency ranges from 2mg per serving to over 100mg. Higher potencies allow you to take less oil while still getting your desired CBD dose. Check the product label for potency to gauge the right dosage for your needs.
- Third Party Testing – Reputable CBD companies will have their oils and drops tested by independent labs to verify potency and check for contaminants. Look for proof of up-to-date third-party lab reports when shopping.
- Flavor – CBD oils and drops come in natural, unflavored options or many flavors like citrus, mint, and coconut. Flavored oils are tasty but contain additional ingredients. Unflavored oils have an earthy, botanical taste.
Getting the most from your cbd oil
- Take CBD consistently – Effects build up over time with regular use.
- Try both daytime and nighttime doses to maintain stable levels.
- Keep freshness in a cool, dark place.
- Avoid touching the dropper to mouth to maintain purity.
- Shake the bottle well before each use for even distribution.
- Keep a journal of your dosing schedule and symptoms to optimize the effects over time.
The world of CBD oils and drops keeps growing. With some informed shopping, you navigate the options and find a best cbd oil that meets your individual wellness needs.