Video poker pointers – How to choose the best games?
Casino players have become accustomed to playing video poker. A video poker strategy can help you get some of the best odds in a casino. The quality of video poker games varies from one to another. The pay and game rules vary widely, impacting the house edge and your potential to win.
Full-pay Jacks or Better, for example, pays 9 coins for a full house and 6 coins for a flush. Other Jacks or Better pay tables pay only 8 for the full house and 5 for the flush. Consequently, this increases the house’s edge. So always look for full-pay tables before inserting your money. If you can’t find them, either switch machines or switch casinos. Jacks or Better games should also be avoided. Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, and Jokers Wild all provide full pay tables that give the player favorable odds. Avoid gimmick games like Double Bonus, which have a higher minimum payout for a pair of jacks but reduced payouts for bigger hands. The south africa best online casino extra bonus for jacks rarely makes up for payout losses.
Jack looking at Deuces Wild and Jokers Wild pay tables, makes sure the wild cards substitute for straights and flushes too. The best pay tables pay 3 to 1 for three of a kind and 4 to 1 for four of a kind when you use wild cards. Avoid machines where the payout for wild card straights and flushes is lower. Once you find full-pay Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, or Jokers Wild, you must use proper strategy to get the best odds. The right plays will change based on the specific cards dealt to you. But there are some general guidelines to follow:
- Play the highest paying hand possible. Sometimes holding just one or two cards of a royal flush is better than a lower paying pair.
- Break up low pairs. Only hold a pair of jacks or lower if you have four cards to a royal flush or get a high pair like aces.
- Don’t draw to inside straights. An inside straight draw gives you poor pot odds. Straight draws should only be taken if there are four straight flush cards.
- Play all the lines. Often playing multiple hands gives the best payouts with wild cards. You’ll catch more winning combinations that way.
- Check the payouts each time. Make sure you receive the full amount when you get a winning hand. Older machines sometimes malfunction.
- Know when to quit. If you hit a hot streak and build a nice win, consider cashing out and walking away while you’re ahead.
Following these video poker tips will instantly improve your odds at the machine. Full-pay Jacks or Better offers a payback percentage of 99.5% with perfect play. A player’s chances of winning depend not only on the game they choose but also upon their game strategy. When you play skillfully, you will reap enormous rewards.